OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE OF THE COMPANY
Our client, a world's leading steel and mining company, is looking for a Research Engineer in mechatronics and advanced instrumentation.
This person will be part of the Process Engineering Department in the "Measurement, Control and Data Sciences" unit. The position is in the COSMO laboratory in the instrumentation team, which is working on the development and improvement of new methods and technologies to offer to our plant advanced innovative solutions in the different processes. Mechatronics, instrumentation and embedded solutions are a very important domains, strongly linked with our development and technical assistance for industry 4.0.
With the identification of new subject, they are looking for a new profile to join their team especially on wireless sensors and IOT animation.
- Develop and prototype state of the art mechanisms, software and solutions for smart and wireless sensors for process
- Propose and lead new projects and activities in the field of wireless technology, embedded solutions and instrumentation.
- Technical animation of the instrumentation team activities by proposing new ideas regarding IIOT (advanced and smart sensors, wireless technology, industry 4.0)
- Provide a continuous technological watch in the field of advanced sensors
You hold a Master/Engineer degree or PhD in relevant discipline (mechatronics engineering, microsystems engineering, electrical engineering, robotics and others). You already have a successful experience in the measurement domain and in instrumentation development.
- Strong technical background in wireless sensors development and IOT
- Expertise in Wireless communication protocol (LoRaWAN, Bluetooth, Wifi, Zigbee etc)
- Experience with LabVIEW systems
- High proficiency in English, French is welcome but not mandatory
- Experience in a programming language such as C++ (or C), MATLAB, Python will be a plus.
- Team spirit and pressure resistant
- Ability at ease in a team
- Ability to work in autonomy
- Management skills
- Takeoff date: As soon as possible
- Rocket launch site: Metz (France)
- Business Trip: 30% : Projects including on-site commissioning. Travel mainly European but possible internationally
- Salary : Attractive salary - Depending of the profile