OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE OF THE COMPANY
Our client, a world's leading steel and mining company, is looking for 2 Researcher in Machine Learning applied to Process Modelling.
You will be part of the team is known as Digital Transformation Solutions (DTS) and is part of Global R&D Spain center. It is a R&D team devoted to provide digital solutions worldwide for the group. DTS is a multidisciplinary team covering a wide variaty of scientific and business areas with our high qualified researchers (engineers, mathematicians, physicist...), all of them with deep expertise in combining Science and Business Know how.
Their entusiahm and commitment create an incredible working atmosphere for those that want to enjoy the experience of researching and applying breakthrough ideas in a real industrial world.
The objective is to develop tools that will support the researchers to perform the appropriate experiments (based on data models developed by AI) to reduce the number of trials that they need to achieve specific objectives and as we will be using data models, the AI will also suggest experiments for its own learning to give better and more accurate results in the future.
This area develops solutions based on Machine Learning (forecasting, regression, clustering, manifold learning, unsupervised / semi supervised learning, probabilistic models...) .
All these solutions are currently being implemented Worldwide in the group driving the Digital Transformation of the group.
Master Degree or PhD in quantitative field: Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research or other related field.
2+ years experience as data scientist
- Experience and solid background in applying Machine Learning/Deep Learning in regression, time series forecasting, optimization and/or classification problems.
- Knowledge of probabilistic models (Gaussian Processes, Bayesian Neural Networks, Bayesian optimization...) is desirable.
- Proficiency in at least one object oriented programming language (desirable Python).
- Experience with data wrangling.
- Desirable experience with Git, Docker, SQL and noSQL databases, data visualization, Spark and/or cloud computing platforms (Azure, Databricks, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Initiative, Adaptability,
- Results Oriented
- High working autonomy
- Team Work
- Project Management skills
- Takeoff date: ASAP
- Rocket launch site: Avilés - Spain
- Stellar Benefits: 23+12 day off
- Fuel : depending on the profile
- Possibility to combine digital knowledge with other strategical fields such as decarbonization, environment, 3d Printing… being all these competences are available in Global R&D Spain