OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE OF THE COMPANY
Our client, a world's leading steel and mining company, is looking for a Research Engineer in mechatronics and advanced instrumentation.
The role is within the Process center inside the Measurement, Control and Data sciences cluster. This cluster and the section are working in the transversal processes and technical scope. The main task is to develop and to offer to our plants advanced innovative solutions in the different processes. Advanced Instrumentation, innovative sensors technology and embedded solutions are very important domains, strongly linked with our development for process Digitalization.
The Research Engineer will handle the design, development and integration of physical measurement and smart sensors for process monitoring and digitalization.
For a dedicated applications aiming to the improvement of the industrial performances, main tasks will be:
- Selection of the adapted measurement technologies,
- Selection of the required communication protocol,
- Development of the solution in the lab,
- Integration of the solution on the plant.
More broadly, the chosen candidate will have to conduct experimental activities and tests at the laboratory scale and take in charge technical assistances for plants in the field of advanced sensors/instrumentation.
You hold a Master or PhD in relevant discipline (physics engineering, instrumentation, electrical engineering...). You already have a successful experience in the measurement domain and in instrumentation development.
- Strong technical background in Physical measurements
- Good ability to work in a team, to be able to run laboratory experiments as well as trials in industrial plant context
- Good knowledge in sensors technologies and in wireless communication protocol
- Experience with LabVIEW systems
- High proficiency in English, French is welcome but not mandatory
- Experience in a programming language such as C++ (or C), ython will be a plus.
- Team spirit and pressure resistant
- Ability at ease in a team
- Ability to work in autonomy
- Management skills
- Takeoff date: As soon as possible
- Rocket launch site: Metz (France)
- Business Trip: up to 30% : Projects including on-site commissioning. Travel mainly European but possible internationally
- Salary : Attractive salary - Depending of the profile