OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE OF THE COMPANY
Our client, a world's leading steel and mining company, is looking for a Research Engineer in sheet metal welding.
The role is within the "Product Research Centre". Their aim is to contribute to development of new steel products, building up in-use guidelines to facilitate the introduction of these products to the customers and to give technical support to customers and plants.
Automotive manufacturing is evolving, fast. As the focus shifts to environmental performance, automakers need their vehicles to be lighter, stronger and more sustainable.
You will join a team of specialists in welding.
As a research engineer in welding, you will gradually develop skills on thin steel sheets weldability to be able to support new products development. You will be assisted by research technicians who will report to you, main tasks will be :
- Development of new coatings and Advanced High Strength Steels for the automotive market - multifactor caracterisation of spot welding of new steel samples.
- Management of research projects : Elevate the level of understanding of the different process with the possibility to create external research projets partnerships.
- Technical supports to customers, from the proposal of new projects to their accomplishment, including knowledge transfer.
Holding a PhD in material science especially in metallic material.
- Strong technical background in caracterisation metallic material. Experience in welding and spot welding is a plus.
- Good ability to work in a team, to be able to run laboratory experiments as well as trials in industrial plant context
- Management experience (students and/or technicians)
- High proficiency in English and French
- Experience in data science and digitalization or even a strong interest will be a plus.
- Team spirit and pressure resistant
- Ability at ease in a team
- Ability to work in autonomy
- Management skills
- Takeoff date: As soon as possible
- Rocket launch site: Metz (France)
- Salary : Attractive salary - Depending of the profile