OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE OF THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading global steel and mining company actively working to significantly reduce its environmental footprint and adopt sustainable practices. In Spain, their R&D center houses the Sustainable Mining and By-Products Research Team, a dedicated and innovative group of experts focused on advancing sustainability in the steel and mining industry. Their expertise spans environmental stewardship, tailings management, resource optimization, and the valorization of steel and mining by-products.
The team's primary goal is to minimize the environmental impact of steel production, conserve resources, and efficiently utilize valuable by-products, all while maintaining a harmonious balance between raw material extraction and the well-being of ecosystems and local communities.
Currently, they are seeking a Geotechnical Research Engineer to join and enhance their team's capabilities!
- Conduct technical assistance to operation site and research and development activities to enhance tailings management practices, including the evaluation of new technologies, materials, and methodologies.
- Design and oversee geotechnical laboratory and field experiments to investigate key aspects of tailings behavior, including compaction, consolidation, seepage, and stability.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify research needs and opportunities related to tailings management.
- Develop and validate models for predicting the behavior and performance of tailings storage facilities, including the use of numerical analysis and geotechnical software.
- Contribute to the design and optimization of tailings storage facilities, considering factors such as geomembrane liners, drainage systems, and closure strategies.
- Prepare technical reports, research papers, and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance on research and development projects.
Master's or Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Mining Engineering or a related field.
Preference for an experienced profile but open to more junior candidates
- Knowledge about operational aspects of civil construction and/or tailings management
- Experience in Tailings Management is a nice to have
- Able to challenge current technologies / propose new ideas to research on disruptive environmental solutions
- Experience in design and oversee geotechnical laboratory and field experiments as well as perform numerical calculations with the results.
- Knowledge in modelisation is a plus.
- Experience in project management and management of stakeholders expectations
- Fluency in English, Spanish is not mandatory, a strong desire to learn the language is essential.
- Empathic, open-minded
- Technological Curiosity
- Advanced communication skills
- Team spirit
- Takeoff date: ASAP
- Rocket launch site: Avilès
- Stellar Benefits: Attractive and depending on the profile